When it comes to safety, brakes may be the most important component of your car. The experts at Aamco Transmissions of Venice have repaired and replaced thousands of brakes on virtually every make of car and truck. Conveniently located just south of Venice Ave. on U.S. 41, our technicians repair brakes for car and truck owners living and working in Venice, North Port, Englewood, Osprey, and Nokomis.
Brakes should be inspected according to your owner’s manual, or at least once a year. If you are bringing your car in for transmission service, we can inspect your brakes at that time.
Have brakes inspected if you notice any of the following conditions:
- Spongy Brake Pedal - This could be a sign of air in the hydraulic lines, or a master cylinder going bad.
- Grinding or Squealing - If you notice grinding or squealing brakes, it is likely time to bring your car in for new brake pads. If the squealing is occasional, it may be moisture on the pads, and is not a problem. If the grinding or squealing is continuous, bring your car in for a complete brake inspection.
- Pulling - If your car pulls to one side when you apply the brakes, this may be a sign of uneven wear, or impurities in the brake fluid. It may be necessary to drain and refill the fluid.
- Vibration - If your brakes are vibrating when applied, it may be a sign of warped rotors. This may be caused by extreme braking, such as driving in the mountains.
If you’re in the Venice area and notice any of the above brake issues…..
– Bring your car to Aamco Transmissions of Venice for a complete brake inspection.